Yield: 1 glass
1 cup young spinach leaves
½ cup sliced cucumber
½ avocado fruit
3 whole limes
Sweetener (honey, agave or stevia) to taste
6 pieces ice cubes
1. Wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly.
2. Pluck out the leaves of the spinach. Discard stems.
3. Without peeling, cut cucumber into half-inch slices.
4. Remove seed of avocado. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh from the peeling.
5. Peel and quarter limes.
6. In a blender, place cucumber, avocado, spinach and lime. Add ice cubes and desired amount of sweetener.
7. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
8. Pour into a glass and drink fresh.
Add ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder to add zing to your smoothie. If you find your smoothie too thick, add ½ cup of cold distilled water and blend again before serving.
The high pH level of limes help balance
the body’s alkaline levels and protects it
from diseases and infections.