Exercise type: machine
Major muscle trained: erector spinae
• Sit in the machine with your upper back pressed against the pad with your feet on the foot platform or under the ankle pads.
• If there are handles next to the seat, hold them with a closed, pronated grip.
• If there is a seat belt, secure it across your upper thighs just below your hips.
• Lean backward to extend your torso, but do not arch your back.
• Do not push with your legs; contract your low back muscles to cause the movement.
• Allow your torso to move forward to the initial position.