Exercise type: alternative
Major muscle trained: rectus abdominis
• Lie on your right side with only your right forearm and the right side of your hips and legs touching the floor.
• Place your left hand on your left hip.
• Position your left leg on top of your right leg so they are even with each other.
• Contract your core muscles to lift your hips straight up until your whole body is in a straight line suspended off the floor.
• Keep the outside of your right foot in contact with the floor.
• Do not allow your other body segments to sag forward or backward.
• Allow your torso to lower to the initial position.
• Turn over to your left side for your next set and repeat the same movements with the outside of your left foot in contact with the floor during the exercise.